The Australian Pastoral Musicians Network is proud to bring a program of liturgies, keynotes, workshops, showcases and networking opportunities designed to nurture and develop pastoral music ministries in parishes, schools and church communities throughout Australia. You can download the Conference Brochure, with full program details.
This year we have taken up the focus of the upcoming Plenary Council - "Listen to the Spirit," providing further opportunities for discernment as we prepare for this important decision making moment in the history of the Church in Australia. The "Listen to the Spirit and Sing!" Conference is a comprehensive reflection of the APMN Mission:
The Australian Pastoral Musicians Network Inc. (APMN) promotes the art of Religious Music in the service of the Church in Australia through education, support, networking and advocacy, with a special focus on supporting the use of Australian compositions.
In the Breakouts, we have developed Focus Streams, seeking to provide a selection of multiple presentations across the six breakout sessions that are focused on:
- Children / Primary
- Youth / Secondary
- Liturgical Principles
- Ministry Development
- Composer / Publisher Showcase
The Program presented here sets out the time schedule of events for each day.
The Program includes:
- three keynote presentations,
- six breakout sessions offering over 40 workshops, showcases and paper presentations,
- nine program breaks for browsing exhibits and networking over morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea,
- five liturgies including the Conference Mass,
- two group sings,
- a special focus on listening to youth,
- a plenary workshop with the two keynote presenters,
- the Conference Dinner,
- the APMN Annual General Meeting